CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

My Hero's

Today while I was walking to school with my art supplies, (including a yard stick, my drawing pad, and drawing board, and my lunch pail looking materials holder, with my backpack) to say the least, I was having a hard time of it. And...of course, my 'lunch pail' decided to burst open leaving my kneaded eraser bouncing away, my art pencils rolling in all different directions, and me a little frustrated and embarrassed. But I was surprised that only a few seconds after the ordeal had happened, two boys (whom I dont even know their names) were down on their knees with me picking up my supplies...and it got me thinking, there are some great people out there who really make a difference in peoples lives. These two boys for example! And it made me want to write about the every day hero's in my life! Here they are:


#1-My Grandma Shirley Rice- Ever since I was a little girl I have loved my Grandma Rice. She has always been there for me, and is such a wonderful example of love, kindness, patience, and caring. One of my fondest memories was her taking me out to lunch for my birthday! I loved being able to spend time with her and talk with her, and have her all to myself for those few hours. We would laugh and talk about life and it was GREAT! She would take care of us when my parents went on vacations and it was always fun sleeping over at her house! But the thing that has made the biggest difference in my life is her constantly wanting to know about me and my life! She would ask me about my friends, boyfriends, my hobbies, remembering their names and everything about them. She makes me feel special no matter what every time I talk to her! Thank you Grandma!

#2-Tony Butterfield- Where do I even start? Tony has been there for me ever since I met him. He has helped me realize that it is okay to be who I am and not to worry what the world thinks. He loves me for who I am, and its great that I can be myself around him. He helps me want to be a better person, and to reach for the stars because he believes that I can reach my highest potential. He helps me see what's important in life. He encourages me, compliments me, and supports me every day in everything I do. That's just a little bit about him, but the list could go on and on.

#3-Mom and Dad- Mom and Dad have supported me through everything I have ever done. They love me and care for me, and still do the little things to this day even though I'm away at school! Mom still calls me every week so we can talk, and so she can check on me. It's great to have someone concerned for your well being. She makes dinner for me and lunch sometimes whenever I come home for the weekend. It's the little things that count. Dad is great to talk to and do fun activities with. He is such a great example of Christ-like behaviors. He is always lifting people up and making them feel good about themselves. Pretty sure I have the most amazing parents in the world!

Those are just three of the "Hero's" that make the biggest difference in my life. Some others I look up to are: Stephanie Petersen, Tamara, Mel Labrum, Trisa Christensen, Aaron, Bishop Spafford, Amie Anderson, and so much more! Thank you so much for being there for me! Thank you everyone for being such good examples in my life! You're all amazing!

1 comment: